Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Slight Change in Plans...

For those of you who don't know, I'm mixing up my previous itinerary a bit...Our program ends November 15, and I originally planned to fly out that day, now however, I've changed my mind. With the beautiful summer weather beginning to show and so many more opportunities presenting themselves, I've decided to stay until December 12. I've made such wonderful friends here that I'm just not ready to leave quite yet.

On another note, I spent the last few days in Langebaan (a little over an hour north of CT) where I had my first kiteboarding lesson. The wind wasn't perfect for it, but it definitely made me try a bit harder! It was so much fun learning how to maneuver the kite, although not the most intuitive, and the next time I go up for a lesson I'll be able to practice more in the water. Langebaan is a beautiful and quaint beach town on the West Coast and I'm still amazed by the drastic changes in scenery here in South Africa. One minute you're surrounded by dry brush, the next you're sitting on the beach with tropical turquoise waters lapping the shore.



Overlooking Shark Bay

OYSTERS

Where am I again??

1 comment:

  1. If I had a pond I would put a turtle and it's kids if it had some, in he pond.

    Love,
    Isabella

    ReplyDelete